- Client / Server Tracking Overview
Client / Server Architecture
- Client vs Server Tracking Use Cases
Dimensions to Consider - Business Objectives
Dimensions to Consider - Engineering Team Bandwidth
Dimensions to Consider - Privacy
- Client vs Server - Trade-offs & Decision Flowchart
Context Fields Auto-Collected Client-Side
Library Summary & Docs
Should I collect data on the Client or the Server?
Learn about use cases and considerations you have to make when deciding to collect data on the Client or on the Server
Learn some important considerations when deciding how best to implement Segment
In this course, you'll learn about client and server-side tracking. Many customers commonly use a combination of both client and server-side tracking to achieve the best results for their business. Learn more about it!
Who should take this course?
This course is designed for Engineers or Developers that will be implementing Segment.
- Introduction and architecture of client/server data capture
- Common use cases for deciding between client and server tracking
- Trade-offs and decision considerations
- Library specific considerations